quinfirefrorefiddle posting in linguafranca
So, the community is new, and it should have more than one moderator, for a lot of reasons. At this point to be considered, a candidate must:
- Have conversational written (well, okay, typed) English- good enough for the necessary communication of the job
- Have a similar level of fluency or higher in at least one other language
- Your DW handle (in the text of the PM, please)
- An email address you can be reliably reached at
- A list of languages you are reasonably fluent in
- A list of languages you are currently learning
- Please describe any previous moderating experience you have on DW, online, or similar experiences in other contexts (a paragraph)
- What do you feel are your strengths in that kind of role? What could you improve on? What should you never be responsible for?
- What is your style of moderating? What do you feel the role of a moderator in an education-focused community to be?
- Either: A) links to 1-3 public comment threads on a journaling service where you display your usual method of handling conflict, or B) a 3 paragraph description of a time when you were in conflict with someone on a journaling service and you attempted to resolve it, and the email address (or DW handle) of a witness to that conversation (which would be locked) who will back you up- 1 paragraph about the people involved, 1 on the nature of the conflict, and 1 on your actions and reasons for them. A is the preferred option, use B only if A is not possible.
- And the following statement: I am interested in taking an active role in this community, and I currently have the free time to check in with the community regularly. If at some point I no longer have that kind of time and need to take a leave of absence or quit as a moderator, I will (excepting extremely extenuating circumstances) email quinfirefrorefiddle with notification.